3 cups leftover turkey, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
3 large carrots, diced
3 ribs celery, chopped
2 sprigs thyme, stripped and chopped
2 sprigs rosemary, stripped and chopped
1 cup corn
1 stick of butter
½ brown onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 cup flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp cracked pepper
½ tsp celery seed
½ tsp onion powder
½ tsp Italian seasoning
2 cups chicken broth
1 ½ cup milk
2-9” pie crusts
2 cups stuffing
2 eggs, beaten
* The leftover turkey and stuffing was previously vacuum sealed with the Avid Armor USV32 chamber vacuum sealer.
1. Preheat oven or smoker to 425ºF.
2. In Dutch Oven, melt butter, then add onions, carrots and celery. Cook down until soft about 3-5 minutes. Add garlic, corn, and peas. Cook an additional 2 - 3 minutes.
3. Add flour and mix to coat veggies, add seasonings and mix again.
4. Pour broth and milk into skillet and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and cook 5 - 10 minutes until mixture thickens. Add in turkey meat and stuffing, then remove from heat.
5. In pie dish place one crust on bottom on the dish, fill pie dish, finish by placing the other crust on top. Cut 4 slits on the top for venting.
6. Brush with egg wash, cook 30 - 45 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.
7. Cool 10 minutes before serving, this will help it set up.
This recipe is a great way to use any leftover Thanksgiving turkey or stuffing!